At Dentistry of The Pines, we understand that you probably have enough going on with your schedule before factoring in the dentist. We want to help you get the dental care you need in a timely fashion, and that’s why we’ve invested in CEREC® technology to provide same-day crowns. Creating and placing a custom restoration normally takes two appointments, but we can cut it down to just under an hour thanks to this state-of-the-art machine!
What Exactly Is CEREC®?
CEREC® stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. To put it simply, it’s a machine that combines the designing and milling process using CAD/CAM technology (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing).
We use CEREC to make high-quality, metal-free restorations made from durable, biocompatible material, directly at our office. We won’t have to send out molds to outside manufacturers, so there’s no more waiting weeks for a restoration from the lab!
First, we use its 3D imaging software to create a model of your restoration. This then gets sent to the on-site milling machine to get manufactured. Finally, we bond the well-fitted, completely custom restoration to your tooth. And all of this only takes around 1 hour!
What Are the Benefits of Same-Day Crowns?
- We’ll be able to restore damaged teeth faster so you can get relief sooner.
- You won’t have to come back for multiple visits to get your restoration.
- We won’t have to take messy, uncomfortable impressions since we can scan your teeth using digital imaging.
- There’s no need to place a temporary crown since your permanent one will be placed that same day.
- These same-day restorations are extremely precise and natural-looking.